Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Boy, is it hot!



One of the many things some Tucson City-Data posters have a problem with, is any mention of how stinking hot this place really is. Maybe it's due to the capaciousness of real estate agents on City-Data, who want everyone to believe that whatever place they are researching is some kind of Utopia, or Shangri La. Today at 3:30 I checked the thermometer on my shaded porch. 107 degrees. Now, if I posted this on the City-Data forum a number of people would dispute it, and say, oh it is not that hot. I can read a thermometer, so I never felt the need to debate the temperature with some maroon, who probably doesn't realize the temperature can vary by at least a few degrees on different sides of town. And, just to make sure my thermometer is accurate, and I haven't been mistaken all these years, I came right in the house and checked the Weather Channel. 107 degrees! Yes, folks it is hot here!!! And it lasts about eight or nine months. I cannot figure out why so many City-Data posters don't want people to speak the truth about Tucson. It's hot and it's boring here! I still haven't figured out the game these people on City-Data are playing, or what their agenda is. Real estate agents? Brainwashed members of the Tucson Chamber of Commerce or Dept. of Tourism? Foreign big brothers? Well, at least I can speak my mind here. I leave you with a few hot quotes. The first is from British novelist and writer Jane Austen. She must have lived in the region of Tuscony when she penned this pearl of wisdom. "What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance." I know how you feel Jane. I'm feeling pretty inelegant myself. Which reminds me of something our 33rd president, ol' give em hell Harry S. Truman said, "Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." You don't have to be a sage, or a Texan to figure that one out. Even the village orf gets it! And lastly, here is one from George Orwell, the brilliant English novelist and writer. You might want to pay attention to what he had to say, which is, "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." Bellringer

No comments:

Post a Comment